How to Measure Clothes
Guide with Pictures
Two Methods Men and Women
Many clothing catalogs ask you to take measurements on various parts of your body. Here is how to properly measure each area. The following tips will help you take basic clothing measurements.
- Keep in mind that cotton shrinks.
- Have someone else do the measurements for you.
- Don't tuck in your tummy or push out. Just be the normal you.
- Take off any layers, such as layered tank tops. Keep your bra on.
- When measuring keep the tape measure snug, but not tight.
- Finding What to Measure WithTaking Clothing Measurements
- (Women) Taking Clothing Measurements
- (Men ) Taking Clothing Measurements)
Whether you’re determining your clothing size from a sizing chart or you’re making clothing for yourself or another person, taking precise measurements is key for a good fit. A flexible cloth measuring tape is best for this, but if you don’t have one on hand, there are a few other ways to take clothing measurements using simple household objects.
- Examine Your Body
- Take Your Bust Measurement
- Take Your Waist Measurement
- Take Your Hip Measurement
- Compare Your Measurements to the Different Body Types
Determining your body shape is often the first step in learning how to dress in a way that makes your body look its best. Nearly every woman has problem areas she would like to cover, as well as positive features she would like to show off. In this guide, we'll talk about properly examining your body, taking your measurements, and what body type you fall into. Examining your shape allows you the opportunity to gain a better understanding of what these areas are, which will later allow you to learn about dressing to flatter your figure. Then it's time to go shopping!
These links are for reference only. The links are propriety to Contributor. All Rights Reserved.